Thursday, November 08, 2012

3 1/2 Years....

How in the world has time gone by so fast? It was totally by accident that I even remembered that we lost Dasha 3 1/2 years ago. It is like my body knew. I have been feeling weepy/ sad for a few days with no explanation and then today, I stumbled upon the ticker that showed how the time has gone. I still feel Dasha. I don't remember how she looked, but I remember how she smelled when I held her close. She will always be my little girl.

I have a second little girl who is growing up way too fast. I have discovered about myself that I am never content. I need to learn to rest in the moment. I tend to wish away time but one can never get it back. I was so frustrated with Alina today. She's been teething and so fussy. I have not had time to myself. I have not learned how to balance being an individual, mother and wife. Does one learn how to do this? I stay up too late just to have quiet, alone time. John sleeps. Alina sleeps. I usually do dishes and the computer. So, it is not that special, but I crave something. Life never goes as you expect. I only hold my firstborn in my heart. I got pregnant with my second daughter while attending school, only to realize that I needed to be a Mommy first and who knows when I will be a teacher. We are stuck in a little, and I mean little, apartment. Winter is closing in and so my feeling of being stuck is exemplified.

I watched Steel Magnolias tonight. Long story short, I want to really feel Alina. I need to find a way to connect with her. I am so scared that something will happen and that I won't be able to protect her. I need to make some critical improvements in my life so I can be the Mommy that she deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I met my husband in Ukraine while on a trip to Zaporozhye Bible College; I was still in high school. We married five years later on October 2nd, 2004. At 25 weeks pregnant, we found out that our precious daughter's heart had stopped beating. She was born still two days later on May 8, 2009. Dasha now has a little sister, Alina, who was born June 24, 2011. She is such a blessing and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and awe. While pregnant, I completed an intense Masters program to earn my teaching degree. I am eagerly awaiting the time when I can start teaching. I'm a small town girl who has big dreams while living an ordinary life.